As we age…we get fat.
Sorry babes, but its true.
And it’s SUPER frustrating because you could be doing all the right things; eating a low calorie diet, exercising 5 days/week with a trainer :), sleeping well, drinking water, reducing stress.
All the stars are aligned!!! You should be dropping weight easily!!!
all notebook jokes aside…hitting a weight loss plateau SUCKS and they can happen for a lot of reasons
4 REASONS WHY WE PLATEU:
- Metabolic Adaptation (you get “too good” for the program you are on)
- Hormonal Changes (pregnancy, menopause, stress, lack of sleep)
- Food Intolerances (gluten, phytic acid, aflotoxins)
BUT DON’T WORRY! YOU CAN BREAK THROUGH!
A changing metabolism is a natural, normal part of life. It’s impossible (so far) to completely avoid wear and tear on the body. But, we can do our very best to preserve our metabolic function by following the steps below.
4 WAYS TO MAINTAIN A HIGH METABOLIC RATE
- Constantly challenge your workout WITH periods of rest when needed! I strongly advise that you get a personal trainer if you don’t have one (not just saying that cuz I am a trainer) because they can make sure that you are pushing yourself without over training. Check your trainer’s experience and make sure they are a good fit for you.
- You can keep your hormones balanced by eating the right fat ratios. The vast majority of people are eating the wrong ratios of omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acids. To get some pointers on this topic, opt into my exclusive email list by clicking here and filling out the “ask a question” form on the left 🙂
- A lot of people walk around with food intolerances that are keeping them from loosing weight and they don’t even know it!!! The best book I’ve read to date for figuring out food intolerances is “The Plan: Eliminate Surprisingly “Healthy” Foods That are Making You Fat” by Lyn-Genet Recinas. This book was recommended to me by a student I had in a Holistic Nutrition Course I taught recently and it is really a game changer. You can check it out by following this link: As we age, our hormonal profile changes drastically. One hormone that has a serious effect on our metabolic rate is DHEA. DHEA a hormone produced by the adrenal gland and is responsible for functional adrenal glands (play a HUGE roll in weight loss and get Effed up after years of caffeine, late nights, and stress), muscle building (big metabolic booster), and enzymatic activity (helps you turn food into energy instead of fat). A supplement I reccoment…and i don’t often recommend supplements…. called Keto-7 Gold. This is the purest form of DHEA I have tried and I have seen some great results since I began taking it several weeks ago (when I started the Keto Experiment.. down 4 pounds). You can find the supplement by following this link
<a href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PTEVUC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004PTEVUC&linkCode=as2&tag=badashtrainin-20&linkId=MAG2RZTHBQ53CYXH”>Nutrigold 7-Keto 100mg, 120 Vegetarian Capsules (Recommended as #1 in Belly-Blasting Weight-Loss Supplements)</a><img src=”http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=badashtrainin-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B004PTEVUC” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”border:none !important; margin:0px !important;” />
- That’s all for now. Time to go running 🙂 Stay tuned for more GREAT content! And if you would like some free exclusive info Text BADASS to 42828 🙂